Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de Candelaria
Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de Candelaria (La Oliva) – this house of worship was built shortly after the founding of the local parish in 1708 and is one of the largest churches on the island. The church’s contrasting black basalt bell tower stands out against the its white-washed walls. The tower was also used during the middle ages as a place of refuge for the locals during pirate raids. The annual Fiesta de Nuestra Señora de Candelaria takes place at the beginning of February.